Off the Wall
October 29, 2019
Just a mish-mash of photos I have left…and some off the wall facts!
All info comes from THE FREEDOM INSTITUTE: useless facts (dealing with people who drive you crazy/totally useless facts)
Hope you enjoy!!
- In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
- The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
- On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
- It’s possible to lead a cow upstairs…but not downstairs.
- Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- Table tennis balls have been known to travel off the paddle at speeds up to 160 km/hr.
- Pepsi originally contained pepsin, thus the name. (Pepsin is a powerful enzyme in gastric juice that digests proteins such as those in meat, eggs, seeds, or dairy products.)
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist. (hmmmmmmm)
- In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
“The New York action painters want their pictures to jump off the walls and chase you down the street.”
~ Mason Cooley
Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!!
click on either image to see what I have available at Picfair and Pinterest