a day to escape

April 12, 2021

All photos were taken with my cell phone camera and haven’t been edited, except the last one, which I edited in PhotoShop Express on my cell phone.

fog covered
Chesapeake Bay

So, on Saturday April 10, we headed over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to a little town called Rock Hall. We had no idea it would be so foggy – but made for interesting photos. It was kinda dreary out to start, but by the time we left our friends house, the sun was trying to break through. Until we hit the bay, that is. Fog almost always clings to the water longer than it does the land. At the tallest point, it is 379 feet (115.5m) off the bay – I’m guessing the measurement is taken from water level.

I’ll clean the two photos up at some point…soon!

As the day wore on, the sun did actually come out and we had a beautiful day.

Cinnamon By The Bay and Rock Hall Holly…

I couldn’t resist Rock Hall Holly. Can’t imagine why? Another Holly has entered Holly’s World!

Cinnamon By The Bay is an air bnb and is owned/managed by my boyfriend’s son and his mother. She bought it right before Covid hit, which actually gave them a little time to get things up and running – somewhat. As of right now she’s got two or three rooms up and running, plus their living quarters. There are four efficiency style rooms, one of which has a living room separate. I should’ve taken photos but I didn’t. She also owns a cottage which is on the bay… I linked to her Guest Suites and Cottage page, if you’d like to take a look. I’ll be writing more about it in the near future, as we plan on going to visit later this summer.

at the marina
or, one of them anyway

Crabbing boats and Oyster House, Osprey on the pole, with a fish in its talons…

We went out to celebrate all the March birthdays…there were five of us! If there hadn’t been so many people I would’ve taken more photos. We sat out on the deck, where we didn’t have to wear a mask, enjoy the sun and watch the water and the boats going in and out.

a nest

We didn’t get back Saturday night until late, nearly 11pm. Basically, walked in the door and fell into bed.

Then, on Sunday, I had a good sinus headache going on, so I did a bunch of nothing. Well, not nothing – but you know what I mean. We had some pretty decent thunderstorms roll through the area, and my head was feeling it.

I’m still transferring photos from my cell phone – which is turning into a tedious process. But, it needs to be done. As soon as I’m done with that, things should get back to normal…what ever that is. I’ve decided, for now anyway, that I will use my old laptop to work on photos, and my new one for the internet – blogging, uploading, twitter, whatever. When I transferred photos off my external hard drive to my new laptop, I transferred a lot of photos I had already used. So, instead of trying to figure out what’s what, I will keep the photos on the old laptop and just do a direct transfer. Saves a lot of trouble.

I’ve also found that I don’t always need to use my computer glasses. Sometimes they give me a headache…

live simply
bloom wildly


hope you have a great day!
thanks for stopping by!!

I think this photo needs to be edited…we’ll see what I can do…

take care
stay safe
much love

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: