July 21, 2022
Harding was once heard to remark:
“Oftentimes…I don’t seem to grasp that I am president.”
~ One Night Stands With American History
Warren G. Harding:
- 29th President, serving from 1921-1923 (Republican)
- died of a heart attack in 1923
- presidency was overshadowed by the criminal activities of some of his cabinet members and other government officials, although he himself was not involved in any wrongdoing
- succeeded by Vice President Calvin Coolidge
- born November 2, 1865, the oldest of 8 children
- parents were George Harding (a farmer who later became a doctor and part owner of a newspaper) and Phoebe Dickerson Harding (mid-wife)
- married Florence Kling De Wolfe in 1891, had no children of their own, but she had a son from a previous marriage
hope you have a great day!
thanks for stopping by!!